Theoretical and practical objectives
The Diploma program is conducted on a part-time basis for two years. It is a
joint certification program by Institute of Advanced Dental Education &
Training and University of Naples, Italy. The interdisciplinary approach will be taught through lectures, seminars, hands-on using models and live demonstrations, supplemented by problem based and evidence based learning through case studies and literature review. The essential surgical and restorative aspects, the practitioner has to be familiar with periodontal management and relevant laboratory techniques before embarking on an advanced level of implant dentistry where cooperation between specialists will be encouraged. The course will emphasize on the diagnosis and treatment planning stages necessary to indicate implant treatment for patients.
On completion of the course the participant should be able to demonstrate competency in:
- Communicating with the patient on the benefits and risks in the necessary
dental implant procedures while a highly predictable outcome is expected.
- Indicating restorative or rehabilitative treatment with implants where
appropriate for the patient from diagnosis and treatment planning to surgical
phases to satisfactory completion of the prosthesis with aesthetic and
- Incorporating additional procedures to correct minor site deficiencies and
working with specialists where extensive augmentation may be needed.
- Maintaining of the entire completed apparatus through regular reviewswith
Term and conditions:
• Course fee does not include airfare, accommodation and personal expenses for any
modules, examination, attachment and surgical module in Malaysia and Italy.
• Number of implants placed by participants may vary due to patients’ conditions.
• Course fee is subject to prevailing taxes.
* Criteria of SENAME Fellowship apply